Friday, May 14, 2010

final portfolio

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48509727@N05/sets/

reflection on the semester:

overall I learned and started to understand the structure of the human body, my goal for the semester was to be able to look at figures and quickly (and accurately); which now I can look and pick apart the different areas of the body and recognize how the bone structure and how the joints move. Just having that understanding that every part has multiple planes has helped me bocome much more accurate when sketching.

since midterms, my line quality has improved quite a bit. I now draw with my shoulder and full arm rather than my wrist, just these adjustments have helped me achieve my goal of better line quality and getting rid of my normal dark, layered, sketchy look that many of my previous drawings have had.

I plan to use my newly aquired skills to more accurately sketch people in interior space, which helps a client understand the three dimensional space on paper when proposing a design. I may also start to draw recreationally again, now that it is not a frustration and chore, the biggest part is just being to understand the internal structure and see all the planes of the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment